Create your own logo with Turbologo logo maker. It takes less than 5 minutes and no design skills needed.Go to Logo Maker
Table of Contents
This section is used to:
- Be transparent. Resource representatives should provide all information to customers about how their personal data is used. In this way, a trusting attitude towards the site is formed.
Terms of data use – a document explaining to users the rules of interaction with the resource.
The section is needed to:
- Protect content. Content on the site can be illegally copied and used. The terms of service help prevent these actions. And in case of violation the user can be held liable.
- Specify rules. Let visitors know what is and isn’t allowed on the site. You can also specify that you are not responsible for losses and risks associated with the use of the resource.
The above documents are designed to regulate the rights and obligations of resource representatives and users. Laws may differ from country to country, so you should study the norms of the state where you plan to open a company.
The content of the sections will vary depending on the type of business. Let’s look at the main components that are desirable to add to the documents.
- Information about the use of customer data. Let visitors know what personal information you collect and for what purpose.
- How the information will be stored and protected. Specify your responsibilities for sharing the information.
- If you choose to share, tell users why you did so.
- The date the document was last updated. In addition, inform about plans for future updates.
- Instructions to unsubscribe and remove personal information.
Content Terms of Service:
- Rules of conduct on the site. Specify what users of the resource can and can not do.
- Terms of copying and use of the content.
- Penalties for violations of the rules. For example, blocking the user.
- Information on making payments, orders, delivery and return of goods. This point applies to online stores and other platforms with trading activities.
Tip: Use understandable words in documents and pop-ups, without specific terms.
Use online generators to create documents. Let’s look at several available and effective services.
Blog editor and content marketing specialist at Turbologo. Writing about Marketing and design. Victoria’s articles contain useful tips on how to build a brand and promote it online.